Team Korra, we have a date! On Friday afternoon, Nickelodeon announced that the first THREE episodes of the third season of The Legend of Korra will air this Friday, June 27, starting at 7 PM/6 Central. They will then take a week hiatus for 4th of July weekend, then air weekly on Fridays at 8 PM.
And of course, being the NOC’s resident Korra experts, Rodrigo and I will be on-hand to recap every episode!
In case you missed it, here is the official Season 3 Trailer:
Here are just some of the goodies in the trailer that just blew our minds:
- Bumi is air-bending!
- EVERYONE is air-bending! And look at that inclusive group of air benders — including our first chubby girl bender! Guess I now know what this year’s Halloween costume will be.
- So many sky bison! Will we see the return of Blueberry Spicehead?!?
- Could this possibly be Grown-Up Toph??? She certainly resembles Toph and Lin Beifong, but she doesn’t seem blind, so it is probably a long-shot.
- Old Man ZUKO!!! No doubt about this one! And we will accept no one other than Dante Basco to bring him to life!
- Sparky Boom Boom… Woman? Turns out Combustion Man has a descendent! She looks like she inherited his cold-blooded laser explosion talents. Let’s see how Team Avatar gets out of this one.
- This looks like Tonraq, Korra’s father, on the offensive, with Korra’s twin cousins, Desna and Eska, helping out. Such a relief to see the family has reconciled.
- Asami saves Korra… again. We hope the writers give Asami a raison d’être besides being Mako’s girlfriend or ex-girlfriend this season! Although kudos to the art department for making her hair look especially spectacular in this shot.
- It seems like Korra will have to deal with the ramifications of her decision last season to leave the portals between the spirit world and the human world open. From this shot, it looks like some of the consequences are serious.
Did you notice anything we missed? Let us know in the comments!
6 thoughts on “The Legend of Korra Third Season Trailer and Surprise Release Date”
I finally got time to watch this series last week. It’s incredible! Korra makes my list of this year’s favorite heroines!
Whoo hoo!!! It always makes me happy when another grown-up likes this show (assuming you’re a grown-up!). IMHO, there is just SO MUCH to enjoy in this franchise, especially as a Nerd of Color. On one hand, it’s hilarious and doesn’t take itself too seriously. And on the other, there are some really strong messages about friendship, destiny, and power, with some of the best animation out there. I wish more people would watch it.
I love it more than Game of Thrones, that’s for sure. More than a hundred years pass by and the whole world is no longer at war and they’ve begun an industrial age. Eight thousand years pass by in Westeros and they still act like freaking savages. Good grief.
Reblogged this on Plushiesexual’s Weblog and commented:
So excited for the next season. Few “adult” shows get me this excited for the premiere! I really hope Blueberry Spicehead is back *fingers crossed*
Comments are closed.