For the second year in a row, The Nerds of Color found our way to San Diego Comic-Con. This time out, we were joined by multiple crews repping in sunny Southern California! To look back on all that went down last weekend, we’re joined by returning champ Constance (@ConStar24) who was covering the Con as Black Girl Nerds’ TV editor, as well as Robyn (@robyn_ravenclaw) from Black Girls Nerd Out and Laura (@lsirikul) whose writing can be found on Nerd Reactor, Legion of Leia, and other sites.
Topics covered on the show include:
- The biggest Hall H and Ballroom 20 announcements from Marvel Studios and DC Entertainment
- Meeting the cast and crew of Netflix’s Luke Cage and what we can expect from the series
- How to accidentally sneak into Hall H without getting caught
- What it’s like to hang out and party with the cast of The CW’s The Flash
- Why Laura should have pitched Keith’s musical Flarrow idea to Carlos Valdes (aka Cisco)
- Grant Gustin’s controversial tweets and the pressures of being outspoken on twitter
- What it’s like to meet internet friends in real life
- Black Heroes Matter and whether SDCC 2016 was the most diverse Comic-Con ever.
All this and more on Hard NOC Life! Watch it on your screen, hit “play,” and check this.