The small development team at +Mpact Games is looking to make a splash with their personal, immersive samurai multiplayer game of life and destruction. Matt Canei, Team Lead at +Mpact Games, said about their new game, “As we put the final touches on Hanako: Honor & Blade we’re reflecting on the bittersweet journey we’ve shared to honor those we have lost.”
The passion project has spanned the last decade and Canei and his team are looking to infuse as much of their personal journey into the beautiful, battle-fueled multiplayer game as possible. The game’s art and backstory serve as a symbolic tribute to the late mother of Canei’s, an industry veteran currently at ILMxLAB.
The following information was shared through their press release:
Hanako: Honor & Blade takes players online for immersive battles in a beautiful recreation of Feudal Japan between up to 24 players. Players can help decide the future of a nation by playing as one of four distinct warrior classes including the capable swordsman, powerful spearman, eagle-eyed archer, or nimble ninja. Each class has different build/skill options and features directionally driven combat, abilities, and spirit-based skills to get an extra edge. Players will play as one of two clans and seek to defeat opponents through multiple game modes and maps, with each game level presenting unique obstacles and mechanics that will require strategy and teamwork to defeat enemies.
Game Key Features
- Epic online battles set in Feudal Japan with up to 24 players
- A symbolic struggle between the forces of life and death
- Four game modes with unique features, including team deathmatch Battle, Capture the Scroll, Village Siege, and Castle Raid
- Directional-driven combat that encourages strategy and precision
- Four distinct warrior classes with different skill options for multiple playstyles
- Dynamic environment changes
Hanako: Honor & Blade‘s immersive online multiplayer combat experience set in Feudal Japan, will launch on Steam for PC on September 15, 2021 for $14.99.