With The Walking Dead breaking ratings records and topping direct market sales charts, what better time to discuss the undead phenomenon on Hard N.O.C. Life? So we wrap up Walker Week with an in-depth look at both The Walking Dead comic and television series and the genre of zombie fiction writ large.
Joining Keith (@the_real_chow) on the panel today are N.O.C. regulars N’Jaila Rhee (@BlasianBytch) and Raymond Chow. The panel also welcomes to the show for the very first time, the Angry Asian Man himself, Phil Yu (@angryasianman). As always, Hard N.O.C. Life is directed by the indomitable Nelson Wong (@aarisings).
Topics covered on the show include:
- Keith’s irrational fear of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video
- Have we reached peak zombie saturation in the culture?
- Do zombies in the mainstream make them less scary?
- Since post-apocalyptic fiction typically sidelines people of culture, Glenn’s prominence on TWD is doubly important
- The Obeah origin of zombies, or jumbie as they were originally called in Trinidad
- All this and more on Hard NOC Life! Watch it on your screen, hit “play,” and check this.
- Don’t Click – Dead Inside (thenerdsofcolor.org)