Just in time for her directorial debut on Supergirl, one of the most woke directors in Hollywood, Lexi Alexander, returns for another episode of her “favorite podcast” — her words! — Hard NOC Life. Now also available on iTunes and Soundcloud.
Topics covered on the show include:
- Why The Nerds of Color is her favorite blog and podcast — and why you should follow us on twitter!
- How her work on Arrow — and select tweeting — directly led to directing Supergirl
- Why her experience on Supergirl is the highlight of her entire career and how she has influenced Kara’s fighting style going forward
- Arrow/Flash/Legends/Supergirl showrunner Andrew Kreisberg’s support for Lexi and diversity in general
- How she was approached by the producers of Arrow to direct an episode this season
- The story and meaning behind this powerful image:
- Trying to get the inside scoop on who has been cast on Iron Fist and whether she’d consider directing an episode
- How she was passed up for directing an episode of Luke Cage
- The necessity of being fluent in the language of diversity and inclusion
- Prepping for directing Limitless on CBS and why TV is still better than movie
- The origins of #WokeHollywood and why Megalyn Echikunwoke needs to star in a live action Vixen show
- Why it’s important that Supergirl embraces its femininity on a superhero show
- The necessity — and limits — of online hashtag activism
- How we can band together as Nerds of Color to affect change in Hollywood
All this and more on Hard NOC Life! Watch it on your screen, hit “play,” and check this.