The Strength in NUMBERS train keeps rolling as we unveil the latest “variant” album cover to Chops’ massive Asian American hip-hop movement.
Even though the government shut down, we gotta say “God Bless America” — and eat burgers — because artist Joe Hunter‘s REKSTIZZY cover just went live. After the jump, you can come at Rekstizzy all you want, and download a high-resolution jpeg of the latest Strength in NUMBERS alternate album cover. Just right-click on the image and save it for your iPhone.
FROM: Queens, NY
KNOWN FOR: “Come At Me Bro” (featuring Lil Fame), “God Bless America” (featuring twerking and hamburgers), and being Asian America’s very own ODB
STRENGTH: Gives zero fucks. Funny, brash, different, offensive, doing a bellyflop into a lukewarm clone-filled cookie-cutter pool.
CHOICE LINE from Strength In NUMBERS: “I ain’t ahead of my time, they hate me right now…”
ILLUSTRATION BY: Joe Hunter (@Joe_Hunter) ghostbucket.com
Strength In NUMBERS info: CHOPSmusic.com/numbers
Check back with The Nerds of Color tomorrow for more Strength in NUMBERS album covers!
- EXCLUSIVE: Strength in NUMBERS Featuring NIKKO DATOR by Eddie Song (thenerdsofcolor.org)
- EXCLUSIVE: Strength in NUMBERS Featuring BAMBU by Andre Sibayan (thenerdsofcolor.org)
- EXCLUSIVE: Strength in NUMBERS Featuring ANN ONE by Jamie Noguchi (thenerdsofcolor.org)
- EXCLUSIVE: Strength in NUMBERS Featuring PERIL-L by Fred Chao (thenerdsofcolor.org)
- Hip-Hop & Comics: The Artists of Chops’ Strength in NUMBERS (thenerdsofcolor.org)