With San Diego Comic-Con fast approaching — and shows like HeroesCon and Anime Expo in the rear view — we are definitely in the thick of con season. One of the pillars of con-going is dressing up as your favorite character and hitting the floor in costume. So Hard N.O.C. Life returns with an episode dedicated to the art of cosplay!
Joining Keith on the panel is newest NOC contributor — and host of Comics and Cosplay on YouTube — Ian (@ComixNCosplay), NYC-based comics collector and enthusiast Jay Justice (@MsJayJustice), cosplayer and costuming tutor on Saturday Morning Cosplay Nel (@NelsRandomLife), and ComicsAlliance’s superhero sartorialist Betty Felon (@BettyFelon).
Topics covered on the show include:
- The panel recounts their first cosplaying experience
- What shows like Heroes of Cosplay mean for the “mainstreaming” of cosplay
- Why some people on the con floor feel they have the right to gawk at cosplayers
- How do you define “cosplay?”
- What happens when people of color cosplay as different races, genders, etc.
- How will Marvel’s recent announcements be reflected on the con floor?
- What the new Batgirl design mean for comics fans and cosplayers
- And why Dragon*Con is the best con
- All this and more on Hard NOC Life! Watch it on your screen, hit “play,” and check this.