William Evans (@willevanswrites) of Black Nerd Problems joins Keith (@the_real_chow) and N’Jaila (@blasianbytch) to talk about this fall’s slate of nerd-centric superhero television shows, including The CW’s Arrow and Flash from DC Entertainment and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter from Marvel Studios.
Topics covered on the show include:
- N’Jaila explains why trapping people in a flying aluminum tube is the best way networks can get you to watch their shows
- William is excited to see The CW bring The Flash to the small screen
- The panel discuss the ups and downs of Arrow‘s first two seasons and what to expect in season 3, including why they cast a white guy to play R’as Al Ghul
- Why it’s going to take Ben Mackenzie’s Jim Gordon ten seasons to grow a ‘stache on Fox’s Gotham
- DC Entertainment’s decision to not connect its live action properties a la Marvel Studios
- Speaking of Marvel, the panel is looking forward to Agent Carter despite being split on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- How casting of Susan Heyward as Deena Pilgrim on Playstation Network’s upcoming Powers is different from other instances of cross racial casting
- All this and more on Hard NOC Life! Watch it on your screen, hit “play,” and check this.