Last week, late night viewers were treated to a performance by none other than Hatsune Miku, the Japanese pop star that’s actually a hologram. Making her American television debut on The Late Show with David Letterman, the virtual idol left the Ed Sullivan theater dazed and confused.
I have mixed feels about this.
- Hearing Miku sing in English was… off-putting. I would much rather have heard her sing “The World is Mine.”
- David Letterman would probably be confused no matter what song she sung.
- This Huffington article gives good background on her.
- Wait… what? Pharrell remixed one of her songs?
- He appeared as an AVATAR in a MIKU VIDEO? There’s an ANIME PHARRELL?!
- WHYYYYY HAVEN’T I HEARD OF JELLYFISH EYES?!
- SOMEBODY GET ME THIS MOVIE! OMIGOSH, IT HAS AVATARS AND ANIME AND MONSTERS!
- IT’S LIKE A LIVE ACTION VERSION OF DENNOU COIL! IT LOOKS SOOOOOO AWESOME!