In exactly four weeks, the hotly anticipated Shaft #1 — written by our own David Walker — will finally be available at comic shops across the country. If you haven’t yet pre-ordered your copy of the book — first of all, what’s wrong with you? — the last day for pre-orders is this Wednesday, November 5.
If you still need convincing about ordering Shaft — again, what’s wrong with you? — David’s been making the rounds promoting the hell out of the book at fine outlets all over the internet. After the jump, we’ve rounded up some of these interviews. In the meantime, if you’re headed to your favorite comic shop tomorrow, just print out this handy form (complete with Diamond codes for each variant cover) and secure your copy of Shaft while you still can.
- David talks to Heidi MacDonald (of The Beat) over on her Publishers Weekly podcast “More to Come.”
- Speaking of podcasts, David recently joined the “Cold Beer and Comics” podcast as well.
- At ComicsAlliance, Patrick A. Reed has an extensive and insightful interview with David that delves into his influences for the book, as well as some first looks at Bilquis Evely’s gorgeous interiors.
- Finally, here’s an interview with comics retailer Roger Ash that ran on Bleeding Cool when the book was originally announced.
- David also recently talked to Bleeding Cool’s Doc Savage. about his other Dynamite book,
- Of course you can always revisit my one-on-one convo with David on Hard NOC Life episode 26!
So don’t hesitate any longer! Go to your favorite comic shop and order Shaft before it’s too late. Besides, you wouldn’t want to miss out on what leads to issue #2. To whet your appetite, here’s a sneak peek at Sanford Greene’s evocative cover with a message from David below.