Hard NOC Life returns with a look at the phenomenon that is Disney’s Big Hero 6. Joining Keith on the panel are Christelle Gonzales (@christellexoxo), the newest NOC to join the fam, and comics artist David Nakayama (@davidnakayama), who penciled the 2008 Big Hero 6 comic series for Marvel and co-created Wasabi No Ginger and Fredzilla with Chris Claremont.
Topics covered on the show include:
- Welcoming Christelle to her first episode of Hard NOC Life
- Why it’s important that the heroes of Big Hero 6 are people of color
- David Nakayama’s run on the Big Hero 6 comic in 2008 and co-creating Wasabi and Fred
- What it was like to see his name credited on the big screen
- Whether it was a good thing to racebend some of the originally Japanese characters from the comic
- David’s initial reaction upon finding out Disney was going to adapt Big Hero 6
- What Disney gets right in their adaptation and comics-based easter eggs (look for the comic cover below show up in Hiro and Tadashi’s bedroom):
- Why Big Hero 6’s Marvel connections weren’t part of Disney’s marketing efforts
- What other Marvel properties the panel would like to see get the Disney treatment and what Disney properties they’d like to see get Disney-fied.
All this and more on Hard NOC Life! Watch it on your screen, hit “play,” and check this.