Hard NOC Life returns with a look at the phenomenon that is Disney’s Big Hero 6. Joining Keith on the panel are Christelle Gonzales (@christellexoxo), the newest NOC to join the fam, and comics artist David Nakayama (@davidnakayama), who penciled the 2008 Big Hero 6 comic series for Marvel and co-created Wasabi No Ginger and Fredzilla with Chris Claremont.
Topics covered on the show include:
- Welcoming Christelle to her first episode of Hard NOC Life
- Why it’s important that the heroes of Big Hero 6 are people of color
- David Nakayama’s run on the Big Hero 6 comic in 2008 and co-creating Wasabi and Fred
- What it was like to see his name credited on the big screen
- Whether it was a good thing to racebend some of the originally Japanese characters from the comic
- David’s initial reaction upon finding out Disney was going to adapt Big Hero 6
- What Disney gets right in their adaptation and comics-based easter eggs (look for the comic cover below show up in Hiro and Tadashi’s bedroom):
- Why Big Hero 6’s Marvel connections weren’t part of Disney’s marketing efforts
- What other Marvel properties the panel would like to see get the Disney treatment and what Disney properties they’d like to see get Disney-fied.
All this and more on Hard NOC Life! Watch it on your screen, hit “play,” and check this.
Watch this space every Friday for new episodes of “Hard N.O.C. Life” and go to our YouTube channel to subscribe!
One thought on “Comics Co-Creator David Nakayama Talks Big Hero 6”
Comments are closed.