Even though we originally wanted him to play Peter Parker in Civil War, there’s a new campaign to get Ryan Potter a live action superhero role. As previously discussed, #RyanPotterForTimDrake is the latest fan-led hashtag that’s gaining steam on the internet. Part of the reason is because Potter himself has been very vocal about it. So he came on Hard NOC Life to talk about what it means to be Robin. Just in time for #BatmanDay!
Topics covered on the show include:
- The number of “Ryan Potters” that come up in a Google search
- Ryan’s history growing up with manga and superhero comics
- His love for Batman: The Animated Series
- When the idea of playing Tim Drake first came to him
- How a throwaway reference to “Tim Drake” launched a viral sensation
- The need for Asian American representation in Hollywood
- The background story behind the Robin concept video that took the internet by storm and his reaction to the reaction and why the fans are the ones that truly matter
NOTE: We streamed this conversation live on Friday, so thanks to all of you who caught it in real time! And let us know in the comments if you’d like to see more live streams in the future.
All this and more on Hard NOC Life! Watch it on your screen, hit “play,” and check this.