The new horror film Dying to Kill, starring stand-up comedian Dwayne Perkins, will make its debut this Tuesday, December 13 on Hulu. On this week’s Hard NOC Life, Dwayne — who also co-wrote the film — is joined by his co-star Lynn Chen, as well as the film’s writer/producer Koji Steven Sakai, and writer/director Raymond C. Lai to talk about the process that went into making the film.
Topics covered on the show include:
- How being a stand-up comic translates to a horror movie premise
- Pain and suffering as fuel for creativity and artistry
- The fine line between fandom and fanaticism
- The rise of internet trolls in the age of social media
- The filmmakers conscious decision to cast the movie as diverse as possible
- Dwayne and Lynn’s aversion to horror movies, despite starring in one
All this and more on Hard NOC Life! Watch it on your screen, hit “play,” and check this.